There are two (2) dance studio spaces available on the Lower Level for use by current UF students and student organizations. Usage is limited to dance rehearsals only. Each room consists of a wood floor, mirrored wall and built in sound system. Additional equipment or furnishings are not permitted in the space. All groups are limited to two (2) reservation blocks per week. If a reservation block remains available five (5) business days prior to the desired date, groups may request additional reservations in the same week.
Follow these steps to check space availability before completing the form.
1. Go to https://virtualems.union.ufl.edu/
2. Click on Events under the Browse heading on the left side of the screen
3. Select the Date Desired then select Add Filter
4. Choose Room from the Filter options and enter the text Dance in the Room field
5. Press enter and the event schedule will show existing dance studio reservations
No Show/Cancellation Policy
Dance studio reservations are confirmed for 30 minutes from the event start time. If the group or individual fails to show up after 30 minutes then Reitz Union staff will consider that a no show and we reserve the right to reassign the room to another group or individual if the need arises.
Dance studios reservations must be cancelled by 12:00 pm the day before the event (12:00 pm on Friday for events occurring Saturday, Sunday or Monday). Cancellations received after this deadline will be considered late cancellations.
First and Second Offense
- A warning email will be sent to the offending individual or organization after each no show or late cancellation offense.
- All remaining dance studio reservations for the individual or organization in the current semester will be cancelled
- Individual or organization will be permitted to make reservations for future semesters.
- Three offenses each in two consecutive semesters will result in the cancellation of all remaining reservations and the suspension of Reitz Union reservation privileges through the end of the following semester.