Student Employment at the Reitz Union
As an integral part of the educational mission of the University of Florida, the J. Wayne Reitz Union augments the student experience by creating purposeful and unique opportunities to cultivate leaders while enhancing skill sets. We enrich the campus community by providing dynamic learning opportunities, premiere programs, quality services, and outstanding facilities for students and the university community.
Student employees who work within the J. Wayne Reitz Union are at an advantage. They have direct access to personal and professional development through experiential learning opportunities and by working directly with experienced professional staff. The Reitz Union provides opportunities for student staff to develop professional skills that will benefit them when they enter the workforce, to create networks within the campus and global communities, and to prepare for a successful future.
For more information regarding student employment, please visit the Student Financial Affairs Student Employment Page. For a listing of full-time positions or to apply to one of our open positions, please visit jobs.ufl.edu.
All student employees within the J. Wayne Reitz Union must:
- Be a current University of Florida full-time student in good standing with at least a 2.0+ GPA
- Respond to and assist with emergency situations and building evacuations per department procedures or as instructed by building management staff.
- Possess the ability to work weekends, evenings, holidays and academic breaks, as needed
- Provide exceptional customer service while maintaining a high level of professionalism that upholds the mission of the JWRU to all patrons
- Demonstrate a desire and willingness to learn in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Establish an exemplary work ethic by being proactive, self-motivated, and dependable
- Participate in all scheduled meetings, trainings, evaluations, and personal and professional development opportunities
- Act as an ambassador for J. Wayne Reitz Union as well as the University of Florida, providing accurate information involving the JWRU and campus resources